Session 9: International Exchanges Unbound: Creating Cultural and Social Virtual Exchange Experiences
APRU (Association of Pacific Rim Universities) came together in August 2020 to launch the APRU Virtual Student Exchange Program, led by the Chinese University of Hong Kong with a unique proposition: co-curricular activities which focus on cultural, leadership, career, and social aspects of study abroad experiences in virtual delivery.
For the first year of the program, it included 26 universities, 229 academic courses, 1100+ students enrolled, and 41 co-curricular programs, bringing students from across the network in 14 economies of the Pacific Rim for free.
In this panel, case study presentations from APRU universities will provide lessons on running engaging virtual programs.
- Jacqueline Wong, Director (Network Programs), Association of Pacific Rim Universities
- Shally Fan, Director of Academic Links, The Chinese University of Hong Kong
- Kimberly Bellows, Program Coordinator, Intercultural Programs, UC Davis Global Affairs
- Alex Rendon, Director of International Programs, Universidad San Francisco e Quito
- Jeffrey Measelle, Professor, Department of Psychology, University of Oregon