Call for Proposals: 2020
PATHWAYS FOR PEACE: INTERNATIONAL EDUCATION’S ROLE IN HARMONIZING
Submit A Proposal
CIEE will be collecting proposals for the conference poster fair and sessions. Submit a proposal that reflects fresh ideas, research, experiences, and knowledge that address the new realities of study abroad. Call for proposals is open and will close on February 21, 2020.
We welcome proposals in the following areas:
Maximizing Student Learning
- Academic disciplines – including but not limited to: business, environment pre-med/health, STEM
- Intercultural development – intentional experiential learning and reflection
- Language learning – myths, outcomes, and open questions
- Online learning/educational technology
- World religions and comparative religious studies abroad
Designing Innovative Programs
- Predeparture and re-entry
- Program assessment and evaluation – closing the feedback loop
- Service-learning – ethics and accountability
- Short-term programs – measuring the impact
- Student research
- Study away/domestic programs
- Thematic and interdisciplinary studies abroad
Creating a Global Campus
- Campus internationalization – what’s next?
- Community colleges
- International education advocacy and leadership
- Professional development and supporting faculty/administrators new to study abroad
Meeting Student Needs
- Emotional and mental health services for students
- Global safety – crisis management and response
- Supporting diverse students as trailblazers and future global leaders
- Supporting students of faith
Session Proposal Criteria
Conference sessions are a total of 1 hour and 15 minutes with 2-5 presenters. Proposals should include a clear and comprehensive outline and must include 15-20 of audience participation/engagement.
Session Proposal Requirements:
- Title and 500-word description
- Target audience
- Chair and presenter information including, contact information (affiliation, title, email, address, etc.) and a brief bio (75 words or less)
- Outline learning objectives/goals, content, and takeaways participants can readily use
- Specify how you plan to engage the audience during the session
Session proposals will be reviewed and rated based on how well they:
- Align with CIEE’s Annual Conference theme and are unique to the CIEE Annual Conference.
- Represent collaboration or perspectives of both faculty and international offices. Proposals including faculty presenters are strongly preferred.
- Exhibit diversity in speakers and perspectives. Proposals that include varying institutions, organizations, and/or students are preferred.
- Present practical information that participants can readily apply.
- Demonstrate innovative ideas, unique and thought-provoking topics, current research or theories, or recognized best practices. If submitting a proposal based on a case study, include independent research to support or disprove your theory.
Poster Fair Criteria
The Poster Fair is designed to offer an opportunity for one-on-one meaningful discussion and visual presentation based on your research and ideas related to topics on international education – a perfect venue to present on case study findings from a single institution. Proposals should include a comprehensive outline for a 30-minute visual presentation. Proposals that invite audience participation and engagement are preferred. Be creative – alternate methods of presentation, such as handouts or laptop presentations, are encouraged.
Poster Fair Requirements:
- Title and 500-word description
- Target audience
- Presenter information including, contact information (affiliation, title, email, address, etc.) and a brief bio (75 words or less)
- Outline learning objectives/goals, content, and takeaways participants
Submit Your Proposal
CALL FOR PROPOSAL TERMINOLOGY
Chair: The chair of a session or poster proposal is the organizer of the session and can also be a presenter. The chair person will serve as the primary point of contact to the CIEE Conference Team.
Presenter: A presenter is a member of the session panel or poster presentation who will present and is not the chair.
HOW DO I KNOW MY PROPOSAL WAS RECEIVED?
Once you’ve completed the proposal submission process, you’ll receive a confirmation email from email@example.com. If you don’t receive your confirmation email, please check your spam filters and junk folders. If you’re still unable to locate the message, please contact the conference team toll-free at 1-844-411-3751 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHAT SHOULD I DO IF I NEED TO UPDATE A PROPOSAL THAT HAS ALREADY BEEN SUBMITTED?
Please contact email@example.com with the update that needs to be made.
HOW ARE PROPOSALS REVIEWED?
CIEE’s selection committee is comprised of Academic Consortium Members – professionals in the field of international education – and CIEE staff. Each proposal will be reviewed and evaluated based on the criteria outlined above.
WHEN WILL I HEAR IF MY PROPOSAL HAS BEEN ACCEPTED?
The proposal review process takes approximately one month from the submission deadline date.
HOW WILL I HEAR IF MY PROPOSAL HAS BEEN ACCEPTED?
Notifications will be emailed to the individual who originally submitted the proposal. Notifications will come from firstname.lastname@example.org. If you don’t receive the email, please check your spam filters and junk folders. If you’re still unable to locate the message, please contact the conference team toll-free at 1-844-411-3751 or by email at email@example.com.