Session 8: Frederick Douglass Global Fellowship – Best Practices for a Cross-Cultural Leadership Experience
Many students and institutions are searching for programs that focus on social justice and creating positive change in the world. This session brings together a panel of alumni from the CIEE Frederick Douglass Global Fellowship, a four-week fully funded study abroad program designed for student leaders who hope to effect change.
In this roundtable discussion, alumni reflect upon how the program developed their leadership skills, and how they have returned to their communities as change agents.
- Stacy Benjamin, Director of Frederick Douglass Global Fellows, CIEE
- Dr. Vareva Harris, Assistant VP of Enrollment Management Benedict College
Panel of Frederick Douglass Global Fellows
- Leeah Derenoncourt, ’21 FDGF Alum
- Carolina Jimenez, ‘21 FDGF Alum
- Trey-Rashad Hawkins. FDGF’17 alum
- Peire Wilson. FDGF ’17 Alum