Nov 1, 2021
1:00 pm - 2:30 pm
Session 2: Government and Legislative Update
Join the CIEE Government Affairs and Advocacy team for an update on legislation and policy in the international education and exchange space and our new advocacy initiatives. The update will feature Erica Carley Harris, Manager of Government and Public Affairs, Phil Simon, VP of Professional Exchanges, and special guests.
We will reflect on the Biden Administration’s recent Joint Statement of Principles in Support of International Education and explore what kinds of policies may result. We will also provide an overview of CIEE’s advocacy strategy moving forward.
- Matt Smith, Executive Vice President, international Exchanges Program, CIEE
- Phil Simon, Vice President of Professional Exchanges, CIEE
- Asenith Dixon, Vice President for Government Affairs and Advocacy, CIEE
- Cornelia Mueller, Vice President for Student Life, CIEE
- Erica Carley Harris, Manager of Government and Public Affairs