CIEE International Education and Exchange Summit
Reimagine, Rebuild, Reopen
Due to COVID-19, we have made the difficult decision to cancel what would have been the 73rd Annual CIEE Conference on Study Abroad, originally scheduled for November 2020 in Seoul, South Korea. Instead we will replace that venerable in-person gathering with a virtual gathering of leaders from all types of international exchange programs who will invited to address the significant challenges we all face in a COVID-19 world.
CIEE will host the CIEE International Education and Exchange Summit (CIEES) during International Education Week, November 16-20, 2020. The CIEES will be a free online event, delivered through a series of short workshops and presentations, that will look at the future of cultural exchange programs of all types and tackle topics around the theme: Reimagine, Rebuild, Reopen.
A planning committee comprised of thought leaders in international exchange will set the final agenda, but possible questions that might be addressed include:
- What will be the outlook for international education and exchange after November's presidential election?
- How can we continue leveraging technology to help students embrace the world when travel options are limited?
- What are some practical steps that can be taken for risk mitigation of various participant housing options?
- How can international education address in concrete ways the need to expand access and diversity in a more complex world?
Help Us Identify Themes and Speakers
- What are the most pressing and immediate issues we in international education and exchange face today?
- What can we learn from different approaches and types of programs in international exchange?
- In what areas do you need practical guidance from experts to navigate the current global landscape?
Please fill out this online survey to let us know what themes are of the greatest interest to you, to suggest topics and presenters, and to recommend candidates for the planning committees.